Thursday, January 1, 2009

Reflecting on the year

2008 has come and gone. What the heck, so quickly?

Last night Sam and I were talking about everything that has happened in this past year. And looking back, it was a pretty intense year. Lots of exciting things, lots of big changes, lots of opportunities to grow. I began the year as a young new "adult" all officially able to play the lotto and such. (I think this year of my life has been filled with more changes than most.)Here are some highlights (well, and a few...low lights, I guess you'd call them)

  • I bough my very own car in January. And thank the Lord it has served me pretty well this past year.
  • went back to school (dual enrolling) after taking a semester off for my "home making internship"
  • Took a senior trip to Busch Gardens with *most* of the class of '08
  • Finding out that Jenny and Dad were expecting a baby!
  • Preparing like crazy for New Attitude, Graduation and Quint's birth!
  • Taking a road trip to New Attitude! (and praying that I wouldn't miss Quint coming!)
  • After NA going right into Graduation mode and GRADUATING FROM HIGH SCHOOL! (hoping Quint wouldn't be born during Graduation)
  • (Wondering when the heck Quint was going to be born...)And then finally the birth of my new baby brother Quint McGregor Santos!
  • Watching my Golden Retriever Gabe get sick and having to put him down. ;(
  • Dad and Jenny's wedding!
  • Dad, Jenny and Quint moving to California. :(
  • Road trip across FL (well, St Pete and Miami) with Khrysten!
  • Starting my first full time semester in college.
  • Finding out that I'm allergic to Dairy. *unfortunate*
  • Sam and I starting our Courtship!!!
  • Going to see Cold play! (On my list of things to do before I die...haha)
  • Going on my first date with Sam. (Last week. ;))
  • Turning 19. :)
This year was wonderful to be sure, it had some very hard times, and some exceptionally wonderful times! A crazy year of the crazy transition into "adulthood", from celebrating birthdays to seeing friends start courtships, some engaged, and then beginning a courtship myself! Through it all I am amazed at the faithfulness and sovereignty of God in every area of my life. At the beginning of 2008, I like every other year, carried worries and concerns, only to see how God provided, protected and changed me through this year! It makes me excited and so overwhelmingly aware of His sustaining Grace as I enter a new year! No matter the challenges that are ahead, God has been faithful, He will be again, His loving compassion, it knows no end! All I have need of, His hand will provide, He's always been faithful to me!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Happy New Year Rayna! Love you girl! Hopefully we will have some exciting things to do together (maybe) this year! ;)

Nick and Jenny said...

Happy New Year ! WE Love you and miss you. One thing is for sure Life will always throw curve balls, just be ready,and enjoy everything you can.